Thursday, September 10, 2009

Deep thought from a 4 year old: Does everything have brains?


My daughter loves watching "Sid the Science Kid" so she is always pondering very deep questions. This morning she asked me, "Mommy does everything have brains?"

I told her that everything living has brains... or so I thought, but she trumped me. Kaylea responded, "Do sponges have brains?" I told her I didn't know, so she asked if I could take a survey on my blog to see if Sponges had brains! So here goes.... what do you think? Help my 4 year old solve this problem. She will be checking back for responses! (She can read yes and no!)

Do sponges have brains?

3 comments:

  1. um...I don't know for sure, and though I could research this to be positive I think I will just go ahead and vote...No

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Well we just went to see them dive for Sponges in Tarpon Springs this weekend and the man on the boat was talking to the kids telling them how the sponges we living things and how when they dried up it was just the skeleton of the sponge. So she figured it they were living they must have a brain! hehe... hate to say it but even some of us living don't have brains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't think they do, but ironically, we say little kids are "like sponges" (soaking up all that information in those little, growing brains!)

    ReplyDelete