It is hard to be pulled by both. I went from working part time as a psychologist to working much more than full time to build our new company. That has been a challenge for my whole family. But my husband has taken on a lot of the cooking and shopping, so that when I am not working it is easier to spend time on other family activities.
Today is a good example. I considered staying home to work this weekend, rather than join my family to visit relatives. Instead, I am here, spending most of the time with the family, and some time on my computer. With regard to “Mommy and Me” time, we have sometimes had Saturday afternoons for that (after shipping orders in the morning), but mostly we like our time to be family time.
What are your kids’ favorite Mommy and Me Activities?
One of my sons is grown. My son with food allergies (age 12) has a passion for Scrabble. So he and I started a Scrabble club at his school. Our favorite activities together are Scrabble related. For example, kind of like a “soccer mom” going from game to game cheering on her child, my husband and I take our son to Scrabble tournaments. We just got back from 5 days in Ohio cheering on our son at the National Scrabble Championship. We also play ping pong, play Wii, play with our dog, and co-create recipes for cookies!
What struggles did you come across in starting your business? Did your family support you?
Starting any new business requires an incredible amount of time, money, and energy. Because allergy safety is so essential to me, I had the additional need to construct and operate my own baking facility. My family has been amazingly supportive in every way. They share my mission of making widely available our delicious, wholesome, inclusive treats.
I am very familiar with organic products as both of my nephews have allergy issues and my brother keeps them on a very strict organic diet. I know it can be a struggle getting kids to eat organically. How do HomeFree cookies taste? What has been the response from kids?
Can we buy HomeFree cookies online and get them shipped anywhere in the US?
Yes. At http://www.homefreetreats.com/ people can find not only our cookies (boxed and individually wrapped), but also our hand made coffee cakes, our Allergen Free Baking cookbook, and our allergen-tested baking ingredients. Our cookies are also increasingly available at stores, as well as at schools and other institutions. People can request the cookies too – store buyers and institutions really care about meeting the needs of their customers.

No comments:
Post a Comment