Saturday, June 13, 2009

Make Up Games to Play!

First I have to apologize for not having posted a Mommy and Me Day idea in quite some time! Thats what happens when you are a working mom... you get busy! But I'm back so I will try to post a minimum of once a week again! :-)

Sometimes it feels we've done just about every activity there is to do on Mommy and Me Days. But lucky for us our kids have incredible imaginations. Its always fun to make up your own games. Whether its a different take on Basketball (like the video below) or your own version of Wheel of Fortune to help kids with their spelling, there are many games you can make with items you have at your house. Just be creative!

What are some games you have created before? Here is a cute video of a game my 4 year old daughter made up spontaneously one day. And below this are some more ideas for homemade games!





Some cool games to make with your kids (who needs to buy them?!)

CHECKERS:
Make your own checkers set with a piece of carboard from a box, and red and black markers. Then use construction paper or if you prefer cardboard to cut out circles for the game pieces. It will be fun to create the game together and even funner to play!

BINGO:
Bingo cards are easy to make with some white card stock paper. Make 5 columns and 5 rows just like a regular bingo card. For older kids you can use numbers, like normal Bingo cards, but for younger kids and preschoolers try using colors. Pick 5 colored markers and randomly color each square a different color.

Make the bingo balls out of paper (you can cut them into squares like little notes). Each paper needs to reflect every letter with every color. Ex. - B-Red, B-Blue, B-Green, B-Yellow, B-Orange, and then I-Red, I-Blue, etc.

Once those are made, throw them all into a hat and when you play you will randomly select one at a time out of the hat (or basket or bag).

What are some games that you have made with your kids?

1 comment:

  1. I find that blind man's buff is the most fun that my kids can have. It's not particularly creative I guess, but they never seem to tire of it! :-)

    ReplyDelete